Dutch's Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Who can resist a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies? Dutch certainly can't! We love baking them in the fall, and we always turn to our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe using Old Salt Merchant's Jamaican Ginger Sugar. It just makes our mouth water!
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. Jamaican Ginger Sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour, Cup4Cup brand is our favorite )
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. Cyprus Flake Sea Salt
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips (or Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips)
1. Preheat oven to 375º and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, Old Salt Merchants' Jamaican Ginger Sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy for approximately 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in vanilla extract and eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and Old Salt Merchants' Cyprus Flake Sea Salt. Stir into butter-sugar mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, placing them about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
5. Finish cookies with a touch more of Old Salt Merchants' Cyprus Flake Sea Salt.