Gluten-Free Buckwheat Waffles Recipe
There's something very comforting about waffles. These light and crisp waffles are fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Add a little syrup or some cinnamon sugar, or maybe slices of banana or a blueberry sauce and you're set for a great day!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Old Salt Merchants Espresso Bean Sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Old Salt Merchants Bolivian Rose salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk, shaken
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your waffle iron. If desired, preheat oven to 200 degrees Ft to keep waffles warm until you’re ready to serve.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter and egg. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir them together until fully combined liquid fully incorporated.
- Let the batter sit for at least 5 to 10 minutes
- Pour the batter onto the hot waffle iron, and cook until the waffles are barely letting off steam and they are lightly crisp to the touch. Carefully lift waffle out of the waffle iron and serve immediately or place in the oven to keep warm. Avoid stacking the waffles or they will lose their crispness.
*Serve with maple syrup, almond butter and/or sliced banana or make a blueberry/blackberry sauce to serve on top! Even tastes amazing with our cinnamon sugar.