- 1 cup of fine almond flour
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 3 tablespoons unrefined powder sugar - see notes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Sprinkle of Old Salt Merchant's Rose Mountain Salt
- For the filling - use 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the cookie ingredients until dough forms. If the dough seems sticky and not rollable - place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll out to about 1/4 inch thick and cut the cookies using a heart shaped cookie cutter. If you don't have a cookie press, you can turn into 1 inch balls and press down with you middle finger to create an indent.
- Once the cookies have been cut or rolled, line them onto your baking sheet.
- Then carefully spoon in your filling or jam in to the centers - roughly 1/4 or 1/2 tsp into each cookie.
- Bake 8-12 minutes depending on the thickness of your cookie. You want to see that the edges are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet or transfer to a cooling rack. You can store these on a covered plate for 2 days or in the fridge for 7 days or you can freeze them.
Tips / Notes
- Adapted from Gutsy Baker blog * the easiest way to make unrefined powder sugar is to place any granulated sugar (coconut sugar, monk fruit sugar) in a high speed blender for 60 secs.
Posted by Lauren Davis on February 14, 2021