Ina’s Sweet and Spicy Rosemary Cashews Recipe
- 1¼ lbs. cashews (raw, roasted will work preferably not salted)
- 1½ teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoon fresh finely chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon Old Salt Merchants Smoky Bold or Cyrpus Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 and spread cashews in one layer on a rimmed baking sheet. While the oven preheats and the cashews roast, you'll have plenty of time to gather and prep the remaining ingredients.
- Bake cashews in preheated oven for 8 to 12 minutes, shaking the tray once halfway through. Raw cashews take slightly longer and should be light golden before taking out of the oven.
- Melt butter in a small dish in the microwave and allow to cool slightly while continuing. In a large mixing bowl, combine rosemary, brown sugar, cayenne, and Cyprus or smoky bold salt.
- Right after taking the cashews out of the oven, add melted butter to the spice and sugar mixture and stir to combine, until the sugar is slightly dissolved. Carefully add hot cashews, and fold with a large spoon or spatula to coat cashews. Cool cashews in a single layer on a piece of foil or parchment. Serve shortly after, or transfer to an airtight container and keep at room temperature for a few days.
Adapted from Ina Garten's cookbook