- Mussels with Pastis
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 tablespoons Pastis or other anise-flavored liqueur (such as Pernod or ouzo)
- 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp Old Salt Merchants Black Truffle Salt (more to finish with)
- Black Pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add mussels, 2 tablespoons parsley, anchovies, and garlic, then liqueur; stir to blend. Boil 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce and wine. Cover and cook until mussels open, about 6 minutes (discard any mussels that do not open).
- Season sauce with black truffle salt and pepper.
- Divide mussels and sauce among 4 shallow bowls. Drizzle mussels with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and finish with more black truffle salt.
Tips / Notes
- Adapted from Lewis Rossman
Posted by Dutch The Old Salt on August 14, 2020