- For the Base
- 2 1/4 cups of unsalted almonds (14 ounces)
- 8 large Medjool dates, pitted (if hard, soak in hot water for 5 mins)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- For the Filling
- 5 very ripe avocados
- juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime slice sugar
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream (best to use the solid part)
- Plus one more lime to grate
- Base: Start by making the base. Place the almonds into a food processor and blend for one minute or until they break down into pieces (not fine like flour or meal)
- Add the dates to the food processor with the coconut oil and blend again, until the dates have been crushed and the mix is sticky.
- Use a spatula to press the almonds and date mix firmly into an 8 or 9 inch round cake pan, the base should be about an inch thick and very compact. Leave the base to one side while you make the filling.
- Filling: Scoop the flesh out of the avocados (make sure not to include any black spots from the avocado or color will darken), discard the pits and place the green flesh in a high powered blender (like a vitamix) or in the food processor. Add in the lime juice, syrup, lime sugar, and coconut milk and blend until the mixture is totally smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the base and place the cake pan in the freezer to set for 1.5 hours. You want it firm but frozen.
- Once you're ready to serve, grate the lime zest from the remaining lime on top of the pie. Add sprinkles of lime sugar or ginger sugar and decorate with dehyrated limes.
Tips / Notes
- Adapted from Deliciously Ella
Posted by Monique Rodriquez on October 05, 2020