- 4 red apples, cored
- 1 vanilla bean, quarted
- FOR CRUMBLE FILLING
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or monk fruit syrup
- 1 tablespoon Old Salt Merchants Cinnamon Sugar
- FOR CINNAMON & VANILLA YOGURT
- 3/4 cup plain Greek style (thick) yogurt or labne
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or monk fruit syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- To make the crumble filling, place the oats, almond meal, maple, and cinnamon sugar into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the apples onto a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper. Use a small sharp knife to score a line around the center of the apples to stop the apple from busting while baking. Fill centers of the apples with the crumble mixture. Place remaining mixture under each apple, creating little nests.
- Push a piece of the vanilla bean into the center of the crumble mixture, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until crumble is crisp and the apples re just soft.
- While the apples are cooking, make the cinnamon and vanilla yogurt. In a serving bowl, combine the yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon sugar, and maple.
- To serve, place the apples into a serving bowls and serve with the cinnamon nd vanilla yogurt.
Tips / Notes
- Adpated from Donna Hay Everyday Fresh
Posted by Cole Danish on October 18, 2021