- Heat a large sauce pan over med-high heat.
- Add the oil and leek and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add stock (chicken or vegetable) and the Freekeh (or faro) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, then cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Uncover then add the zucchini, broccoli, green beans, and edamame and cook for another 10 minutes uncovered.
- Stir in the lemon zest, parsely, mint, lemon salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated parmesan to finish the soup.
Tips / Notes
- To freeze, allow it to cool, then divide between airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
*Freekeh is an ancient Middle Eastern Grain - we use Bob's Red Mill Brand
* You can add mint pesto to this soup for added zing.
- Adapted from Donna Hay's Everyday Fresh Cookbook
minestrone, vegetables, lemon, winter soup, healthy soup, green soup
Posted by Lauren Davis on February 02, 2021