- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 cups firmly packed grated pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2/3 cup fresh ricotta
- 120g feta
- 1 tbsp. OSM Wild Porcini Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 x 375g (13oz) sheet frozen spelt whole meal (whole-wheat) butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- black sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- store bought tomato chutney, to serve on the side (optional)
- Place a large deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat
- Add the olive oil and sliced leek into the pan and cook for 4 minutes while stirring (until soft)
- Add the pumpkin and sage in and cook for 4 minutes (or until soft)
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the chia, parsley, ricotta, feta, salt and pepper. Mix ingredients to combine and refrigerate until cool.
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper
- Cut the pastry sheet in half to make two 13.5cm x 18cm rectangles and place them on the tray. Divide the pumpkin mixture between pastry pieces arranging it in logs along the long edges. Brush the other long edges with egg and roll them to enclose the filling.
- Turn the rolls seam-side down on the trays, scoring the tops with a sharp knife. Brush them with the remaining egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry appears golden-brown and puffed.
- Allow for a 10 minute cooling period before serving
Tips / Notes
- Adapted from Donna Hay's Everyday Fresh
Posted by Cole Danish on January 09, 2022