- 4 seeded buns halved
- 2 large beetroot peeled and grated
- Small lettuce leaves (to serve)
- Sweet potato chips (to serve)
- 2 14oz cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 1/3 cup of natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce or OSM sriracha salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Tokyo Togarashi
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped kale, sea salt and pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon's extra virgin olive oil
- For the green tahini:
- 3/4 cup hulled tahini
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- To make the chickpea patties: place chickpeas, chia seeds, peanut butter, sriracha sauce cumin and Tokyo togarashi into the bowl of a food processer and pulse to combine or until just roughly chopped.
- Add the carrot, kale, salt, and pepper and pulse lightly to just combine, then shape the mixture into 4 large flat patties.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then patties and cook for about 7 minutes on each side or until golden and crisp.
- While patties are cooking, make the green tahini. Place the tahini, lemon juice, water, coriander, mint, parsley, salt and pepper in a small food processer or blender and process until smooth.
- To serve, spread the buns with the green tahini, and divide the beet roots, lettuce and chickpea patties between the buns. Sandwich with the bun tops and serve salted sweet potato fries of chips.
Tips / Notes
- Adapted from Donna Hay, Everything Fresh
Posted by Lauren Davis on August 09, 2021