- 2 cups shelled fava beans
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 stalks of scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon OSM salt
- Start by setting a large bowl of iced water aside.
- Bring about 4 cups of water to a boil and add in the fava beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn off heat.
- Remove the beans from the pan using a slotted spoon and transfer into the bowl of iced water. Let the beans sit in the iced water for about 5 minutes. Drain the beans.
- Remove the outer skin from each bean. (you should be left with just over a cup of beans).
- Add all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until creamy. Top off with a pinch of Old Salt Merchants Soleil Red Clay Salt.
Tips / Notes
- Recipe inspired by healthynibblesandbits.com
Posted by Lauren Davis on May 10, 2021