- 3 table spoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons OSM ginger sugar
- 1 teaspoon OSM cyprus salt
- 1/2 teaspoon OSM saigon cinnamon
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until fragrant and nearly soft, abut 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until it's fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, sugar, salt, allspice, and 1/4 cup fresh water.
- Close the pressure cooker lid and turn on the high pressure setting, Increase the burner heat to high. Once the pressure cooker hisses, adjust the heat as necessary to maintain high pressure with gentle hissing and cook for three minutes.
- Turn off the pressure cooker or remove from heat. Carefully realize the pressure and remove the lid. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, and serve as a side dish or as a stew with whole-wheat couscous or orzo.
Tips / Notes
- Adapted from the "Big Green Cookbook" By Jackie Newgent, RD
Posted by Karishma Lawrence on October 01, 2023