- 2 ¾ cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup almond pieces
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp Cyprus salt
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Jamaican Ginger Sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup dried sour cherries
- Preheat oven to 300. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, pistachios, coconut, pumpkinseeds and salt
- In a small saucepan set over low heat, warm the sugar, syrup and olive oil until the sugar has just dissolved, then remove from heat. Fold liquids into the mixture of oats, making sure to coat the dry ingredients well.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, and spread granola over it. Bake until dry and lightly golden, 35 to 40 minutes, stirring granola a few times along the way.
- Remove granola from oven, and mix into it the dried sour cherries. Allow to cool to room temperature before transferring to a storage container. Makes about 6 cups.
Tips / Notes
- * you can easily make your own pumpkin seeds by simply scooping the seeds from a sugar pie pumpkin. Rinse and dry the seeds, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and roast on a sheet pan in 375-degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes. This granola recipe was adapted from the NY Times Cooking online.
Posted by Cole Danish on November 02, 2021