- 5 tablespoons OSM everything bagel blend
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup arrowroot starch, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon OSM cyprus salt
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, solid
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk, plus extra to brush on top of the scones
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- to create a flax egg, whisk the flax seed with 2 1/2 tablespoons water. Let stand for 10 minutes to gel.
- In a bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, or in a large mixing bowl, pulse or whisk 2 tbs OSM bagel blend, the almond flour, arrowroot starch, nutritional yeast, baking powder, and slat. Add the coconut oil and pulse or use a pastry cutter or fork to work the coconut oil into the dry ingredients until only small bits of coconut oil remain.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk and the flax egg. Add to the dry ingredients and pulse or stir until completely combined.
- Put a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and dust with arrowroot stach. Put the dough on the parchment, dust with more starch, and press into a 8" round, about 1" thick. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1hr.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut the rounds into quarters and then cut in half to make 8 triangles. Separate the scones from each other on the sheet so they're not touching.
- Brush each scone with coconut milk and then sprinkle with more everything bagel blend. Bake until the scones are bolden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Serve the scones warm. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Tips / Notes
- Adapted from Bakerita
Posted by Karishma Lawrence on April 11, 2023