- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dried pearl couscous, rinsed
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tsp Old Salt garlic and parsley salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 cups snap peas, halved horizontally
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, with more for garnish
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice (approx. juice of 1 lemon) and one lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 lb large raw tail-on shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbs salted butter
- Old Salt confetti pepper blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit with a rack in the center position. Cut parchment paper into four 15x10 in ovals. Fold in half crosswise.
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring the chicken stock to a rapid boil. Add the couscous, olive oil, 1 tsp salt, and garlic powder. Reduce to a simmer, covert, and cook until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 min. Remove the pit from the heart and stir in the snap peas, shallot, parsley, and lemon juice
- Unfold the parchment sheets. On one half of each sheet layer on the couscous, lemon slices, and shrimp, dividing evenly. top each packet with 1/2 tbs butter
- Close the parchment by refolding ot over the prepared shrimp and carefully roll the edges toward the center to seal. Arrange the pouches on a rimmed sheet pan. Bake for 18 min.
- Transfer the pouches to individual plates. Using a fork, unroll the edges of the parchment, then carefully open the pouches to release the steam and expose the contents. Top with additional parsley, garlic parsley salt, and confetti pepper to serve.
Tips / Notes
- Recipe adapted from Modern Proper
Posted by Annie O'Neil on October 01, 2023